Thursday 26 August 2010

Some people love to drive and drive and drive


The day after the wedding we started our journey home..First stop the Newport Beach Temple..Gorgeous!

Next stop after sitting a long time in LA traffic..Santa Barbara Mission...



Glad that's not my garden..ouch!





Short monk!
Not really an angel or a monk!

After the mission we started up highway 1...Next stop Elephant Seals near Hearst Castle..

We coasted into Big Sur on Empty and paid a fortune in gas...

The views were spectacular the whole way up the coast line..We ended the day in San Jose, arriving at our hotel at the same time as three tour busloads..Not fun...

1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to live in a mission. Not as a monk, nun or other such thing, but I have always loved the style of them. We found one in Ajo, AZ that I would move to in a heartbeat... if I wanted to bake on the face of the sun while enjoying the beautiful view of the desert. But I would be happy in that nunnery.

    ReplyDelete

europe

way back