Wednesday 7 January 2009



flimsy like paper lace

Flimsy like a lace paper window pane
Rattled in a heavy wind blown rain
The rainThe rain came quickly down
And the shutters leaked as they tried in vain
To curb the pelting sound
The rain the rain falls wet and cold
And weakens the hillside ground
Which then gives way and Tumults over the wall which cannot hold
The rain the rainWhen will it end
The rain will never cease
The rain will someday wash our weary souls I am told
The rain the rain the rain the rain
©2007 J. K. Bradford Jerry Bradford

Ok...the snow has melted and I'm excited about that but now we are being blown here and there with the wind and rain. We are hoping the roof stays on long enough......I'm dreaming of Mexico right now......Maybe that's why we have already planned our summer vacation. Getting ahead of ourselves.......

3 comments:

  1. Your blog looks great. Like your header, very nice. I bet you are ready for it to stop being so winter there. We are just windy and cold. I am ready for summer, but not summer here! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, my name is Jerry Bradford and I poet.I wrote the poem "Flimsy Like Paper Lace" published here in your blog.

    I thank you for sharing my work with others and I am flattered that you thought enough of the piece to post it here :-)

    You have a lovely blog and I also enjoyed your jewelry from your sister blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you like my poetry I write frequently under the nome de plume of Jerry Atrixx at:

    http://www.triond.com/users/Jerry+Atrixx

    ReplyDelete

europe

way back