Friday 5 December 2008


Tonight is Saint Nicholas Eve...which is a tradition in my family since living in Europe...The kids put their shoes out and in the morning Saint Nicholas has filled them with toys and candy....we always get an ornament and chocolate...I haven't been bad yet so no switches for me...Anna-Maria has put her shoe right smack in the middle of the front door for the last week and we keep tripping over it....think she is excited? Hope I remember to do my duty tonight so there are no empty shoes...

2 comments:

  1. What a great tradition. We have one like that. It is Mother Goose and she comes on New Years Eve and puts something in your slipper. Ralph doesn't think we should keep it going, but I love it. My German great grandmother did it because all her family couldn't visit over Christmas, but some could make it after and stay for New Years. It has been passed on as tradition since. Hope you get something exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also do a similar thing on 3 Kings Day (something we adapopted from our hispanic heritage). It is on Jan. 6. "The 3 Kings" come and fill the kids shoes. We even leave out some straw and snack for the camels. It is fun and the kids love one more reason for getting gifts after Christmas is over. Who doesn't??

    ReplyDelete

europe

way back