Tuesday 20 April 2010

Quick Trip

Off we went..Peter had a business trip outside Milwaukee and I decided to go with him..Since I decided a week after he booked his ticket I ended up on a different flight..Actually a better one but it got into the airport in Milwaukee four hours before Peter..I really bonded with the chairs at that airport..After picking up our rental car we headed out..A quick tour of downtown Milwaukee and then dinner at the Hollander...



Their specialty is Belgian beer and frites.I don't know how the beer
is (my sister Kristi would have been jealous) but the frites were nothing close to what you find in Belguim..Bummer..the mussels were great though..


On Monday while Peter tried to prove himself worthy of the job, I toured the area...There are some beautiful towns and the churches remind me of the ones in Europe..This one is in Waukesha...

Love the town of Delafield....

After a mind numbing day for Peter and a car driven one for me we headed back to the airport..A dinner of sausage, German potato salad, sauerkraut, and knackwrust..I ate the sausage before the photo...

3 comments:

  1. Ahh - thanks for posting the pics - they are great but don't do it justice. Tammy even got to see her first "Piggly Wiggly" grocery store :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is that red thing on your plate in the last picture - and I would have sacrificed beer tasting for you...it's how giving I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a beet..yuck..thanks for taking the beer for me..

    ReplyDelete

europe

way back